Construction of sustainable Greater Gombak Cat Shelter with support from multiple stakeholders, funding over RM 45 000 and reaching 2 725 audience, helped 89 stray cats so far and will be able to help more (70 at a time). Through humanising education, welfare of strays is now in good hands.
- Educational Institutions: International Islamic University Malaysia (Kulliyyah [Faculty] of Engineering, Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design, Abu Hurairah Club (Cat based student society)
- Government Agencies: The Turkish Embassy, Kuala Lumpur
- NGOs: Society For The Prevention of Cruelty To Animals (SPCA Malaysia), Abu Hurairah Animal Society (AHAS)
- Local Community: Mr. Kenneth Lee (Cat Rescuer)
- Private Sector: Maya Veterinary Clinic, Muezzah Veterinary Clinic, Maxim Motto Sdn Bhd (MISHA Cat Food Supplier), Mama Cat Pet Shop
- Facilitate the rehabilitation of abandoned animals through the animal shelter project.
- Promote neutering through the Rescue-Neuter-Rehome (RNR) procedure to reduce the population and sustain a hygienic environment.
- Create awareness on the importance of showing compassion and understanding the needs and care for animals in line with the Animal Welfare Act 2015.
- Foster links with multiple stakeholders for educational support, advice, fundraising and adoption activities which provides a platform to become humane societies.
- Assist in providing animal-assisted mental health therapy for campus and local community
- Provide opportunities for community engagements and volunteerism.
For more info, please click the button below